“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Thursday 18 August 2011

Where have all the 'Grow Bags' gone?

I wonder if anyone can help me?...Is it right that you don't have 'Grow Bags' here?
I've asked at numerous Garden Centres and retailers, but everyone looks at me strangely....or is that just me!

When I've grown tomatoes anywhere other than here, I've always used 'grow bags' which contain the correct nutrients etc for healthy prolific growth, especially tomato grow bags. Everything they need is already supplied in the bag.
So for now, due to the lack of a grow bag I've come up with the next best thing that hopefully will work...


{Variety...Patio Totem}
Just cutting holes into a compost bag and planting the toms there. I'm not sure how they will fare but hopefully they'll not notice the difference. As long as they're watered and fed, hopefully we'll have a good crop. I note that I'm using the word hopefully a lot : {
Fingers crossed at this stage....


{Variety...Patio Totem}

I've also planted snow peas and broadbeans....yum yum.....I thought I'd got runner beans too. but alas they must have fell through the trolley...I'll just have to go back again!

I noticed that the beans are next to this tree....which might help towards the climbing...plus it looks like its going to keep a close eye on them for me.
All we need now is for the sun to come back and do its bit... : D ... yay!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I have heard of tomato bags before. My neighbor behind grows tomatoes them upside down and has great luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my fingers are crossed....
    Thanks for your good luck wishes.
    By the way I made the lemon brownies and they were delicious....all eaten within a day!

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...