“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Monday 30 May 2016

Country Girl

When I was only eight years old, I told everyone that I was saving my pocket money for a house in the country. 
We lived in a town and it seemed really strange that someone so young should have such an idea. 
I had a piggy bank and later I progressed to a little pink bank book.
I don't remember if I ever saved very much, but I actually managed to make that purchase, although it was many, many years later.
After years of travelling across the globe, I now have my house in the country and I adore it.
It seems comforting to know that I obtained my childhood goal. 

I really am more of a country girl than a townie, but I have no idea where that idea came from.
I did find out when tracing my family tree, that my Great Grandmother was the daughter of a farmer in Scotland, so maybe it's where it comes from. 
Also my Grandmother was a great lover of nature too... so it must be in my genes. 

With that in mind, I thought I show you some country photo's today.
The following were taken whilst I was visiting some of my family down in Cheshire. 
I walked the country lanes with Muffin gazing out across the Cheshire plains to the Welsh hills.
Apparently, there was a Badger set nearby, but we never found it... which was probably a good thing.
The sky became heavy at times and we did experience bouts of thunder rain, but thankfully they disappeared quickly, leaving the ground grateful for a much needed drink.
Everything seems to have burst into life over the last week or so, now that the temperatures have started to rise.
This view is taken from across the cottage garden, where we were staying. 
It was the neighbours garden. 
I think they are into the wild nature reserve style, leaving it doing it's own thing for the local birds, bees and wildlife.
Here's a view of the cottage as the sun rose to warm us, whilst having an alfresco breakfast. 
The clematis is spectacular and reminded me of home and my own clematis, which is presently covering a fence with beautiful pink blooms.
Finally, some blossom because May is blossom month and it will fade away soon for this year.
Especially if we have a wind whistles through. 

I'm linking up today with Mersad over at Through my lens
Why not take a visit to see some wonderful photography.
Thanks for visiting my place and I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.
Have fun! 

14 comments:

  1. Love to see your photos Neesie. Sounds like you had a great Holiday. I've always considered myself a country gal too. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing pleases me more than to read your lovely compliments about my photos Deb. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy seeing them.
      Our trip away wasn't really a holiday... we had to visit my sick MIL, but she's doing much better now.
      I'm enjoying the great outdoors in the warm sunshine, unfortunately there's a spot of weeding getting in the way of my total enjoyment.
      Hugs back to you and I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

      Delete
  2. I love clematis and that is a particularly spectacular growth of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the clematis has been living there for quite some time Debra.

      Delete
  3. Love your country photos. It looks so very pretty where you were. Like you, I love the country too. :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, it is a part of the country that I grew up in, before I started all of my travels.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pictures Denise - I really enjoyed them.
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in the suburbs of a big metropolitan area (Minneapolis/St.Paul, Mn) but always wanted to live in the country. Did once. Couldn't even see a neighbor. Loved it! Was my favorite place I ever lived. I had grandparents who lived on farms, too--so maybe it is genetic--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I can't see very much of my neighbours as everything has just exploded into life... so all of the trees help with privacy. I know they're there if they or I needed help, but I like the distance.
      It sounds like you have the country genes too Rita ;D

      Delete
  6. Such a huge goal for child! You created beautiful country world. your perfect country picture is so touching. It evokes peace feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele, I'm happy that my blog post and photos portrayed that kind of feeling. I am so happy where I am at the moment with so much nature and countryside around me.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer, I appreciate your visit and comment.

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...