“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Thursday 23 June 2016

Big Day All Round

Well what kind of photo do you expect for our 37th Wedding Anniversary?
I could include all of the usual jokes about '... and they said it wouldn't last' etc, but basically I think we've done okay.
It poured torrential thunder rain on our actual wedding day and my Rolls Royce wedding car actually broke down on the way to pick me up... which meant that I was over ten minutes late arriving. 
But someone whispered to me with a cheeky wink, that it is lucky to have rain on your wedding day. 
Bless them for trying to make me feel better.
As you can see today is glorious and the sun is shining beautifully.
There's the thinning hair (shh don't tell him)... and the odd wrinkle , but that just shows that we've lived, laughed, matured and changed together.
Oh don't get me wrong, there have been times that it's been touch and go, but when you think all that life throws at you sometimes, then it's not surprising. 
I read or heard somewhere once (and I'm thinking it might have been Maya Angelou) that if a person smiles every time they see you, even if you've only just been into another room, then that shows that they truly love you. 
I smile every time I see my hubby smile at me. when I come into the room.
I always remember those words.
I hope it continues especially now that he's retired and we're together so much of the time.

Today (once hubby comes down from the Romeo and Juliet balcony) we'll be wandering to the Polling Station to vote in the EU Referendum. 
We'll take Muffy with us... if we can manage to move her from her latest hot spot.
She's supposedly the Safety Officer on this job keeping an eye (well nearly an eye open) on all of the proceedings.
So Happy One Month Retirement for tomorrow and Happy 37th Anniversary to us for today!
We have visitors coming to stay this weekend, so we will be celebrating then. 
Good luck to everyone that we get the right decision for the best for all of us in the Referendum.
Happy Thursday to you all.
Keep smiling!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, you two crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... yeah sometimes we are a little crazy Debra.
      I loved your comment... thanks.

      Delete
  2. We just celebrated our 27th and we are one year into retirement... I wish you all the best my dear! Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Deb, one year into retirement and you're still talking. That's inspirational!
      Hugs back to you (two) ;D

      Delete
  3. Happy 37th! Enjoy the moment. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, we will celebrate this coming weekend.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations all the way around - I hope you are settled in a positive reaction to the UK leaving the EU.
    That's all she wrote!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy, nope reeling a little from the decision. I think it was generally felt that the IN campaign would just swing it.
      Changes ahead!

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary! May the rest of your life be filled with smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Rita,
      I hope so too especially as hubby is now retired... it's a little touch and go at times. It's just the settling in period I think ;D

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! no comment on the vote results...:/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy retirement and happy Anniversary! This post was so sweet and full of love.

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...