“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Willy Wagtail

I feel victorious today, because I've finally won a personal battle
- what might that be I hear you wonder -
a 10k run, a sky dive or learnt to play a particularly difficult piano concerto? Unfortunately none of the above.
I've been challenged by a 'Willy Wagtail'! (Rhipidura leucophrys)
Pathetic I know, but you have no idea how long I've tried to catch him on camera.
Every afternoon he visits my bird bath, loudly chirping his arrival and you can bet as soon as I reach for my camera, he's away....




This has gone on for months...







But today I got him!





It took stealth-like athleticism to reach the decking door, without detection before he took flight.

Numerous times I've just given up, but I never like to lose a challenge and I just couldn't ignore this one.

I have such renewed appreciation for all the wildlife photographers out there, that can spend days, weeks, months and even years to obtain that particular shot. I just wish my photographs were of their calibre




A quick splash.....





Then up, up and away
I can rest easy now when he visits and enjoy his antics...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...