“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 15 November 2011

A Simple Woman's Day Book

FOR TODAY, Wednesday 16th November 2011...


Outside my window...instead of describing what I can see from my window today, I thought I'd let you see for yourselves. I've taken a photo and attached it below...I love this window. Maybe that's why I like to spend so much time here.

I am thinking... how best to maximise my day. There's always so much that can be done in a day and I really like to make the most of every minute. I just need to think through and prioritise what's needed. I know for certain that I couldn't fit them all in, so I'll go with some that need attention and some that I want to do.

I am thankful...for a beautiful safe home to share with my family and friends. A luxury that too many people don't experience.

In the kitchen...my son's helping himself to his breakfast before he sets off to work, so his dishes will probably be sitting in the sink, waiting for the magic kitchen fairy to appear. I'll let him off today...he's had promotion this week....whoohoo!

I am wearing...bed covers....yep even though we've been awake since 6.15am I'm still here.

I am creating...yesterday I finally got to create Christmas cards from some of my photographs. It's been something I've wanted to do for a while, so I feel very pleased with myself. Just need to move onto the silk painting now

I am going...to a creative workshop with a friend which will be great fun. I'm sure there might be a future blog in the making there.

I am wondering...if this internet problem will ever be resolved. I'm having such a battle to post, search or browse these days. It could be that my laptop is feeling under the weather in sympathy with me. Maybe time for a checkup? So maddening. Big breath in......Ahh well .....

I am reading....As the Crow Flies by Jeffrey Archer, which a friend passed to me.
It's an extremely easy read but maybe that's a good thing at the moment with the run up to Christmas.

I've got to purchase a book for my Book Club asap. We're meeting for a Christmas night out and thought it would be a treat to have a surprise book present on the night. We all purchase a book each and gift wrap it, then its put into a lucky dip, so we don't know which one we'll recieve. The trouble is I'm trying to find just the right book that might suit most of the ladies in my club. This could prove difficult.
Would you like to be Santa's helper....any ideas anyone?

I am hoping....that this cold finally gives up and goes. I've had enough of it now although I'm so much better than I was. Unfortunately the chesticles are still playing up with a very wheezy cough. Can't complain though as its the first one I've had for quite some time.

I am looking forward to...having all my Christmas jobs completed and just heading off to the airport to collect my daughter....{whoosh...there goes my stomach again just thinking about it}.

I am hearing...a blackbird at the back of the house singing his little heart out. In the front there's a chorkling Magpie having a conversation with I know not what...but he's happy. My fingers tapping away on the laptop in a world of their own, producing all these words on the screen.
Silence from Muffin curled up at my feet snoozing.

Around the house....Clothes and generally bits seem to just have landed by some mysterious force. I need to take charge and clear the decks.

I am pondering...what would life be like without clocks?

One of my favorite things...music. I always have music playing. It helps motivate, calm, relax, inspire or whatever your needing....there's always the right music out there to help.

I love to walk Muffin with my ipod but realise sometimes that I'm actually singing aloud or whilst she's investigating some interesting smells I'm tapping my feet, or even doing a little dance. Whoops.... then I realise and have a quick look round to see if anyone noticed!

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm not making too many firm plans as I really want to get organised on the Christmas front. The Christmas Elf be arriving before I know it.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...the view from my bedroom window as the early morning sun comes to call.....


And thats it for this week . . . my day book. Don't forget to hop on over to the Simple Woman to check out the other day book entries : D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...