“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Sunday 21 May 2017

My Sunday Photo...The Red Squirrel

I know quite a few people that dislike squirrels, especially if you like to feed the wild birds.
Having a marauder constantly visiting your feeders and physically watching the peanuts disappear before your eyes, must be quite annoying. 
But I have to admit I love to see a red squirrel and thankfully here in Scotland they are making a comeback. 
Maybe I'd like them less if they were actually raiding my garden feeders, but so far they seem to prefer the nearby woodland. Maybe the word hasn't got to them yet that I have three feeding stations in my garden, that are refilled every day!
Heaven help me if they do hear because I go through quite a fair amount of seeds and peanuts already.
These photo's were taken by my daughter through a bedroom window when she was staying near Alvah Bridge, Banff  here in the North East of Scotland.
As most photographers will know these frisky little critters don't stay still for long.
It's quite a challenge to capture a clear shot.
Once again I'm linking up with My Sunday Photo over at Photalife
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great Sunday with nature working it's magic for you.

17 comments:

  1. That red squirrel is working very hard for a treat :)
    These are great photos!!!
    Your daughter did a terrific job getting these through a window and quickly 📷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did do extremely well Jan. I was thrilled with them :D

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful sight, I have such fond memories of spotting red squirrels in the woods in Scotland as a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only seen fleeting glimpses of the red squirrel whilst out and about, but we visited Haddo House just the other week and they have feeding stations for them. People are able to use a hide and watch/photograph the antics, which is a pure delight.

      Delete
  3. Oh Neesie, red squirrels are so delightful - you're very lucky to have them. We had them in the orchard when I lived in Northumberland and they're so dainty and pretty compared to grey ones. Mind you, feeding them from your bird feeders might be a bit draining I admit! It's enough of a chore running in and out keeping the birdies fed! You might need squirrel proof feeders if they cotton on :) Also, you don't really want the little darlings digging up bulbs and such!

    We had three hedgehogs at once scrabbling around the feeding station the other night (caught on CCTV) and are now preparing for an onslaught if they decide to breed again this Summer.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I would love to have hedgehogs in my garden. Firstly, because they are so cute, secondly because their numbers are declining and thirdly because we have so many slugs and snails. They would be very plumptious hedgehogs!

      Delete
  4. I wish we had one visit our garden, all we tend to get here is greedy pigeons

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so unusual to see red squirrels. These are great shots and I particularly like the second one x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red squirrel completely different to grey marauders! #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE squirrels! I'm sure they will get brave enough to come closer and find all the goody spots. I, personally, think they are worth it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We once spent all day trying to find a red squirrel on the Isle of Wight, only to have one turn up on the hotel veranda as we enjoyed an evening drink. Well done your daughter for capturing this one. #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  9. there are a few red squirrels around here which is great to see, i think being surrounded by really old trees helps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww they are so cute and yes a hard subject to capture so these are amazing! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cheek for sure, these squirrel photos and this post made me smile in more ways than one. Keep blogging Neesie.
    Hugs
    Wren x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sugar - it is good to see you posting -- you always take the most wonderful pictures. You know you live in my heart!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't very often see red squirrels, it was lovely to see these photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those dang squirrels, I could spend hours watching them out of my Aunt's window. I don't see many red ones, nice captures.

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...