“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Queen Vic Market

After being without my car for two whole weeks - which is another blog sometime - you can imagine the cupboards were bare and cabin fever had truely set in, so what better than to get out and about whilst restocking.
I've always been in awe of the fresh produce available here in Melbourne and the markets are incredible. Its a pity that these pictures don't come with sound...it was buzzing.
The noise level increases dramatically as the afternoon sell off approaches.
Bargain's, bargain's bargain's...all 'one dolla'...
These photo's are from the Queen Vic Market. There is so much happening there that its maybe a good idea to give you the website link for you to have a look http://www.qvm.com.au/
So armed with my little wheely trolley (you don't even have to carry your load back to the car - how cool is that) off I went to see what I could find....


It certainly inspires you to want to cook up a storm when you see the variety of seasonal fruit and veggies available.

I just loved this display....not only good enough to eat but to paint too
I loved the baskets, crates and barrels

Such characters not only manning the stalls but wandering around trying to find that elusive fruit or long awaited seasonal old friend back to provide a mouthwatering treat....
Every nationality mixing together in the name of good quality fresh food







Once the fruit and veggies are in the bag....its indoors to the Deli, Meat and Fish stalls...what a treat. You name it they've got it....

I've just noticed that this display is mainly of Greek produce but there were so many more to choose from....

I'm now a regular visitor to all the markets around Melbourne. I don't think you can beat it.
They've certainly changed my shopping habits when it comes to buying fruit and vegetables.
Happy Shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...