“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 30 January 2015

Paint Party Friday... Sunrise (PPF)

The photo above shows what a glorious sunrise greeted us on Thursday morning...
 no snow or not even a snowflake for that matter. I know the reports and news have said we are snowbound in the north of the country but yoohoo we're here and other than a slight flurry last week we've seen nothing... so far anyway.
Since taking this photo I've desperately wanted to paint it. 
So here I am using a borrowed laptop (unfortunately still no life in my own as yet) in order to share and take part in Kristin and Eva's Friday Paint Party
And so it starts....
 I'm not rushing this piece so yet again unfortunately you're going to see unfinished work but I promise to come back to show you the finished painting.
I think one of my faults is that I don't give my paintings enough time to develop.
I seize the moment and go like the clappers because I know that sooner rather than later my time will be gobbled up by other chores, tasks and requests (I was going to type the word demands but maybe that's a little harsh) 
I'm still working at the kitchen table and will be for the foreseeable future because my daughters taken over the studio. Her illustration career has really taken off which is wonderful so I don't mind moving over (for now)
If you want to check out what she's up to then here's a link... click here
I'm just about to start the exciting part... the trees
See you soon when I'll be back with the finished painting.

Paint Party Friday
Have a great fun weekend whatever you have planned. 
Enjoy!

22 comments:

  1. Wow, the sunrise photo is fabulous, as is your WIP of it! I am eager to see it with the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye... I'm hoping I can do it justice.
      We've had some amazing sunrises.
      Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie,
      The weather is very winters today so maybe it's a perfect day to get cosy and carry on.
      Thanks for popping by... Have a great creative weekend 😊

      Delete
  3. lovely sunrise- I love the pinks in the sky. Looking forward to seeing your finished painting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a stunning sunrise Linda,
      Hopefully I'll be able to paint in the trees today.
      Enjoy PPF and your weekend

      Delete
  4. The colors look lovely so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita,
      So far so good. I hope the rest goes well. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great weekend 😃

      Delete
  5. lovely inspiration! Can't wait to see yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine,
      The sunrise certainly inspired me ;D
      I'm happy to report that I've actually been painting today and I've added some of the trees. So far I'm happy with it. Let's hope I carry on this way.
      Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for popping over to my place.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful sunrise and I'm sure your painting will be just as beautiful. Look forward to seeing it when complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the next phase of adding the trees (the fun part) will good... I'll be sure to let everyone see the final piece.
      In the meantime thanks for your visit and happy PPF to you

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to see it in completion!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your daughters amazing art too!! Seed doesn't fall far from the tree I see!! Whoops did I just say that!! Is that a family tree you are painting?....lol

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks for your lovely comment Giggles... it's very kind of you.
      It's funny you should mention a family tree design because I've been thinking about a design... still only in my head and nowhere near complete yet so we'll have to see 😉
      Have fun with PPF and your weekend.

      Delete
  8. Nice start. Gorgeous inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nan,
      As soon as I saw the sky and trees silohetted against it I knew I wanted to paint it.
      I've had trouble thinking about painting since Christmas so this is a good start to the year. I've even been painting today as the Artic blast has been hitting the house. Perfect hiberation day and painting just seemed the perfect activity.
      I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
      Thanks for visiting xoxo

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous sunrise!!
    Good reason to give up your studio, but maybe you'll need to find yourself another spot for your own studio--LOL! Can hardly wait to see where this watercolor goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get my space back one day but for now it's exciting to see her fly with this new venture.
      Thanks for your lovely comment Rita and I'm happy to report that I've been painting more of it today. Trees have appeared. ;)
      Have a wonderful weekend xoxo

      Delete
  10. I love the background! Did you use salt on this? The dispersion of colors is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phoenix,
      I have trouble with backgrounds usually but this one I can live with... so far so good.
      I didn't use any salt only the watercolour paints. I've also had the chance to add some of the trees in and hopefully tomorrow I'll finish it.
      Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.
      Have a great Sunday
      Happy belated PPF to you too

      Delete
  11. You accomplished such lovely textures in your rendering of the sky! Keep going...:-)

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...