“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 22 September 2017

Geometric Patterns and Shapes...PPF

Yay it's Friday!
Well it's been two weeks since I posted to the Paint Party Friday link, so here's a snippet of what I've been up to with my artwork.
Along with all of the other madness that's ongoing at the moment, I'm actually managing to keep up with the Rise Design and Shine art course.
It's been tough as I now realise that I'm not particularly good at being told what to do 
(art wise and otherwise) timescales, trends and specific briefs. 
(I've never liked the word 'briefs'...but for other reasons...and that's not changed in this course)
Just to clarify this particular kind of brief gives specific instructions to follow and has nothing to do with clothing attire or Bridget Jones!
There now that's cleared that up... let me show you what I've done so far for week 3.
Unfortunately, it's a WIP but I'll hopefully get it completed before Sunday evening.
Geometric Patterns...
I've found this assignment far more challenging than I thought...which surprisingly has been the case with each week so far. 
That's good I suppose...it's stretching me to think and work outside of my comfort zone.
Having said that...I do hope that one week hits the spot and I can get somewhere far from being the dunce of the class.
I'm linking up with the Paint Party Friday gang.
Thanks Eva and Kristin for hosting once again.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and thanks for your visit today.
It's always great to see you.

14 comments:

  1. Your work is beautiful, Denise. You do a great job at geometric patterns. I am not that precise of a person to be able to do this kind of art. For some people it is a stress reliever. For me it would be very stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye, I'm not so sure that the geometric patterns are my thing. This certainly isn't as precise as I'd like to be...but c'est la vie!
      When I do my kind of zentangle art I do find it quite relaxing... but I fear that I might have to have my eyes tested soon.
      Enjoy your weekend...Happy PPF to you :D

      Delete
  2. Great shapes, I love geometric patterns, although I don't usually have the patience to create them! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your patterns look marvelous Neesie. Keep going, it'll be worth it. It's hard when you don't feel connected to what you're doing. I'm proud of you for sticking it out though! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very nice work so far, but doesn't sound like this course is 'you'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful patterns! This is not easy, you've got great deal with these patterns.
    Happy weekend
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the shapes are fabulous Denise. Great geos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous patterns my dear...keep at it...they are beautiful!! Look forward to where this goes afterwards!! Just don't get your briefs in a knot!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...you drew this?!?! Amazing ...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for on keeping up with the class. That's more than I've done this month. Don't be so hard on yourself the geos drawing is fab! Enjoy the weekend. Hoping it's a relaxing one. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol at the Bridget Jones reference :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful intricate work there Neesie :D)

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...