“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Thursday 19 October 2017

Bath Time for Birds

I'm currently prisoner and house bound for a few hours in our renovated apartment, waiting for a locksmith to call. 
So I thought I'd try to use this enforced time in the most creative way that I can.
I'm going to post today (something that I haven't done for some time on a Thursday) and to try and create some artwork too. 
Wish me luck because I haven't had my head in the right creative space for a few weeks!
I think my mojo may have gone on a mini break without asking permission... well at least I hope it's a mini break and not a world tour! 

I thought I'd show you another little visitor to our place, who despite the chilly breeze blowing fancied taking a bath.
If only I'd have known I would have provided some warm water at least...but he didn't seem to mind.
 Very diligently getting into all his little nooks and crannies!
....and take a breath!
I love his little beak open in the above photo.
Just one more dive...
I think that should do it...
Hehe... cute eh?
I'm linking up with Image-in-ing.blogspot.co.uk
Check out some fantastic photography

Right now for some artwork.
Have a great day everyone and thanks for popping in to my place.

18 comments:

  1. isn't he the cutest? Although now I'm cold just watching him do that in cooolllddd water!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely have to bee warm water to entice me Jenn!

      Delete
  2. You did such a good job catching him during his bath ritual. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fairness Carol, he was there for quite some time. Its a very popular watering hole. We had a robin bathing right on nightfall yesterday, which would have been great but the light had faded too much.

      Delete
  3. So cute!
    What a lovely post, all of your photo's were good to see.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jan, I couldn't believe how long he was there bathing. He made it easy for me to set up to capture his image.

      Delete
  4. What a cutie! Boy, he's really going at it isn't he!? Must of been pretty dirty....tehe. Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Arting! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... no art happened Nan. Yet again things got in the way. I'm trying to spin a lot of plates at the moment and just hoping that they don't all come crashing down.
      He was a cutie wasn't he? It is a very popular watering hole even with cold water!

      Delete
  5. I am surprised at how enthusiastically the birds are bathing in cold water on chilly days. Maybe they all want to get good and clean before there's nothing but ice and snow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh now you know me better than that Rita...when the weather turns wintry I put out fresh warm water every day. No ice baths here!

      Delete
    2. You still put out water in the winter? I don't here because it would be ice in a matter of minutes. Kudos to you!! :)

      Delete
  6. very cute :) reminds me of xmas day swimmers when the birds bathe in cole water lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only my birds don't bathe in cold water in winter Jennifer, I put out warm water every day then!

      Delete
  7. That is gorgeous Neesie - nothing like a chilly bath to start the day!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't know Wren...I much prefer my hot shower, thank you very much! I suppose if you live in the tropics it might be nice although I remember I still used to take a hot bath when the temperature was over 30 degrees! I'm definitely a hot house plant!

      Delete
  8. What a great post....what adorable photos of your tiny 'bather' X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe...thanks Pam,
      This particular watering hole is extremely popular. Yesterday a robin came very late in the evening to take his bedtime bath, but the light had gone so I couldn't take his picture.

      Delete
  9. That bird is having a fine old time!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/10/blacksmiths-at-work.html

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...