“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Saturday 21 October 2017

My Sunday Photo... Pussy Galore

We very often have our neighbours cats come to call...checking out our bird tables and feeders, which are dotted around our property, but this little chap isn't one of them. 
I know the other cats so well, wearing their white booties or little white bib, but this cat is totally black. Jet black all over.
(A lucky cat some would say...or do you think unlucky especially with Halloween just around the corner?)
He's also very lean unlike our other visitors who show that they are loved and well taken care of, with possibly copious amounts of treats...if you get my meaning?
I've concluded that this visitor is feral. 
We don't see him very often, but as the afternoon sun shone on his pitch black coat, he really stood out. I loved the way the sunlight caught the hay bale too.
Maybe it's because we haven't seen the sun lately that it made such an impression on me. 
So I thought I'd enter him into the My Sunday Photo linkup.
Perhaps even finding him some friends as it's Cat Week.
If you'd like to see more photos then click here

Thanks for visiting my place and I hope to see you again soon.
Have a great weekend everyone

20 comments:

  1. He's beautiful cat and very striking sitting on top of the hay bale :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he was definitely posing Louise, obviously showing his best side in the warm sunlight! ^..^

      Delete
  2. He looks like a very proud cat. And the perfect colouring for halloween week x Mrs A #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure he'll hang around for Halloween, but it would be cool if he did. We shall have to see...maybe if I put a few treats out for him he'd stay? ^..^

      Delete
  3. Cats do love to perch, preen and pose, don't they? We have a neighbour's cat who constantly loves to come and sit on our shed roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this one certainly seems to...especially if the lighting is just right! I love the way they just decide well this is my space so don't anyone disturb me! ^..^

      Delete
  4. She makes a lovely photo sat up on top of that hay bale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh now I hadn't thought of it being a her... I'd just decided it was a him! Not that I'll be able to get close enough to check either way unless he starts spraying on the hay bales! ^..^

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful - and very fitting for this time of year. He's go well with my pumpkins 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes that feline certainly does stand out. I think it's the position he/she has adopted on the bale that makes the picture. #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Neesie, I can see why the cat caught your attention, it really stands out in the sun. I think he's got his eye on you too though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have two black cats - love them! #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the image, just a cat chilling on top of a bale.

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, the black kitty does stand out on top of the hay bale. He probably is watching your birds at the feeders. It is a neat pose for your photo. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks quite comfy there. There are two cats in our street that pretty much own everyone. And they go absolutely crazy if a new cat strays into their territory. There was once a miaw-off on our drive that lasted well over an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like your handsome visitor. I have feral and owned cats that come to call at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool photo. So nice of him to pose on the hay bale. And he's got his eye on you too. Hugs from the Girls and I.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like my Annie. I consider her lucky and I have always liked black cats. Nice shot. I'm finding they are difficult to get good photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a little cutie. Funny - we just had a black kitten turn up in our front yard this week. Co-incidence?!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think I've seen a cat sitting on a bale of hay before - until now!
    Great picture.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...