“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 27 July 2011

The Twenty Melbourne Painters Society Inc. 2011 Annual Exhibition

Last night I went to the opening preview of The Twenty Melbourne Painters Society Inc. 2011 Annual Exhibition here in Melbourne.
They are celebrating 93 years of traditional painting and as you can imagine having a venue filled with such special, talented Artists, was an absolute privilege and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

The Society has been established since 1918, the Twenty Melbourne Painters Society enjoys the distinction of being one of Australia’s oldest arts organizations and occupies a unique position in Australian art, both past and present. Many distinguished artists have been members of the group and contributed to its colourful 93 year history.

Unfortunately, I was so involved with events, that I completely forgot to take any photo's to show you, but here's a few links that you may like to see.....

My particular favourite artist is Joseph Zbukvic. Two of my girlfriends have actually bought some of his work which was very exciting. My favourite painting is the Chefs...

My friend purchased this at last years exhibition and it now hangs in her kitchen....the perfect location...well, maybe not? I think it would be much better hanging in my kitchen!
Here's a link to his website and there's also a few video's which are fascinating.

There's some amazing paintings on display at the Exhibition, so if you are in the Melbourne area, you really should try to visit...

Daily from July 27th - August 7th, 2011, Hours:10:00am - 5:00pm

Glen Eira City Art Gallery - Cnr Glen Eira and Hawthorn Rds, Caulfield, Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...