“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Finally the sun came out...

Finally, the sun came out and no-one was more pleased to see it than 'moi'!
After what seems like months weeks of rain, wind and dark grey days, we're finally able to see the sky... so that's definitely worth writing about in my book blog.
I know you've possibly seen news coverage of the floods that have caused such havoc and mayhem throughout various parts of the UK, so I'll not dwell on them today.
But suffice to say I've never seen such huge amounts of water, river banks bursting and road closures everywhere due to the weather, since we first moved to Scotland.

Here's the scene today of the back field.
Yep we've got our pond at last!
It has been iced over so now we can go ice-skating too.
I wouldn't be surprised if a swan, ducks or even pelican landed. 
Oh you may laugh, but we've had ducks already!
Never say never I say....
Obviously with the sun coming out to play we'd like to be able to see it, which meant that the windows needed cleaning... nothing for it, but to get out there and deal with it.
I thought at first that due to the winter in-activities (ie hibernating) my bones were creaking, but I'm happy to report that it was only the little step ladder I was using. Phew!
A beautiful robin kept me company singing that spring is on it's way 
(hey a little kidd-ology never hurt anyone) 
This photo was taken a day or so ago when M&M were assessing the situation... to walk or not to walk. They decided that 'yes' they would?
Fun was had and the heaven's opened just as they returned... so the timing was perfect.
Right... I must away now because as you know the sun highlights not only dirty windows, but every surface covered in dust and muddy paw prints everywhere.
No rest for the wicked and I must have been really bad in a previous life... that's all I can say.
Have a wonderful Wednesday and thanks for popping into my place.
I hope to chat again soon.
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. No there is a thing, we had sun today, made a nice change even if it was cold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was freezing here too Bill, but I'd rather it be that cold instead of damp and wet.
      Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my place.

      Delete
  2. I'm happy your weather has settled down. I hope it stays that way .. spring is just around the corner and soon you will be picking snowdrops. Beautiful photo ... makes me homesick. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright pictures on this VERY frosty morning! -5 maybe nothing to you up there on your wee hill, but down here in our little micro-climate it is COLD!! But, the way the weather has been behaving, it could be tropical tomorrow ;) Well one can hope, huh?
    Very glad to hear it was your step ladder creaking and not them bones. I got caught in every shower (read downpour), going whilst dog walking the past few days, so I'm looking forward to only being at risk of frostbite today.
    Have a great one xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a relief to see the sun wasn't it! We even noticed a little stretch in the evening yesterday as it didn't get dark till 4.30 instead of the usual 3.30-4.00! Our neighbor's garden turned into a loch but it has soaked into the ground by the next day as has the small loch at the end of our paddock. Here's hoping that's the worst of it over now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures - so glad you have your sun! Is that a real pond. Muffy looks so cute looking out at the field -- great picture!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You most definitely need an end to the rain over there. Funny that after so many long dark days you never have heard of people doing a sun dance. You only seem to hear about rain dances. But seeing the sun after a long stretch does make one want to dance, anyways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sun finally... Bad for the cleaning it brings on, but great to get things dried out a touch. Sun just lifts the spirits doesn't it. I do wish I could bundle up some of our heat and send it your way... It is blistering here but apparently a cool change is on the way and we may even dip below 30 lol... Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photographs! The pond is lovely and your pup looking outwards is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...