“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Saturday 2 June 2012

Ode to Can....




There’s a four lettered word
As offensive as any
It holds back the few
Puts a stop to the many.
You can’t climb that mountain
You can’t cross the sea
You can’t become anything you want to be.
He can’t hit a century
They can’t find a cure.
She can’t think about leaving or searching for more.
Because Can’t is a word with a habit of stopping
The ebb and the flow of ideas
It keeps dropping
itself where we know in our hearts it’s not needed
And saying “don’t go” when we could have succeeded.
But those four little letters
That end with a T
They can change in an instant
When shortened to three.
We can take off the T
We can do it today
We can move forward not back
We can find our own way.
We can build we can run
We can follow the sun
We can push we can pull
We can say I’m someone
Who refuses to believe
That life can’t be better
With the removal of one
Insignificant letter

(written by Andy Flemming)

6 comments:

  1. that's amazing, eye opener that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I heard it I was completely bowled over by it...
      It's actually used in a TV commercial here at the moment.
      I'm happy to hear you liked it.
      Have a wonderful weekend ;D

      Delete
  2. What a super poem/writing I love it! Hope you don't mind but I'm copying it to go in my Smash journal as it really strikes a cord with me. Thanks Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may strike a chord with many people Zo.
      Of course I don't mind you using it for your journal. I've got a copy of it on my inspiration wall.
      Are you in the thick of the Jubilee celebrations, street parties and fun activities all stroon with buntings?
      Have a wonderful weekend whatever you're up to :D
      Enjoy xox

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I've read it so many times and I still think it's just perfect.
      Hope your weekend's going well ~ enjoy :D

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...