“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Monday 4 June 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY ~ Monday 4th June 2012 

Outside my window...the light has intensified all the autumn colours or what's left of them now we have officially entered into winter. It's a wet day today with a grey blanket sky.
Due to the drizzle the greens seem to be so much greener, the red and oranges like they are alight. Grey skies are something that we don't usually have for long periods of time here in Melbourne. The weather usually changes frequently and some days it can change by the hour. The weather however today looks like its settling in for the day.  
I don't have a problem with this now that Mufftypup has been walked. We're drying off and don't have to venture out again thankfully.

I am thinking...I really should make an appointment to see the Doctor. I've been suffering for two weeks now and I don't feel I'm on the road to recovery yet...even though I keep thinking tomorrow I'll be better.
You know what it's like...there always seems to be something more pressing, so you put your appointment on hold. I'll do that tomorrow!

I am thankful...last time I wrote my journal I wrote I was grateful for all my senses. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned them because within days I lost my sense of smell and taste!

In the kitchen...nothing really. We had a roast chicken yesterday. In fact I roasted two chucks because they were on the small size, so I'm hoping that what's left is still in the fridge...or if my son has been in for a late night snack!

I am wearing...Ugg slippers for cosy toes, black leggings, three layers on my upper body from long sleeved t-shirt to long cabled hoody jumper. The heating's on, so I'm feeling really cosy.
(you can now laugh if you're into your summer ~ this will make up for all the times I've mentioned the beautiful Aussie summer whilst you were in your winter months. Backatch baby ;$)

I am creating...my notelets, cards and other possibilities. I'm not getting on as well as I'd like with having to stop for a rest regularly, but I hope to post my 'giveaway' details later this week, possibly on Wednesday.  
I hope you'll enter to have a chance of receiving a nice pressie in the post! ;D

I am going...
no-where today or in the near future unless I get to improve soon. I have our book club tomorrow night, but I think I may have to leave the girls to it as I'd hate to pass this 'chesticllitus' to them.

I am wondering...where this blogging journey might lead....so far it's been unbelievable, with 99 countries peeking into my space, over 3,000 hits a month (mind blowing) and I've meet some wonderful new friends.
 
I'm reading...as I mentioned it's the book club meeting tomorrow night, so we will be reviewing 'Mr Wroe's Virgins' by Jane Rogers. Therefore I'm ready for a new book. I must admit Mr Wroe was a struggle, but that might have been something to do with my frame of mind and not the book.
It'll be interesting to see the other girl's reactions. I feel I need a good light-hearted read next. 
Any suggestions anyone?

I am hoping...that I can set up my Etsy shop soon and have my art launched out in the big scary world. If I manage to sell anything I hope they go to good homes ;D

I am looking forward to...last time I wrote my journal I mentioned that we were waiting for news of a new baby's arrival...well little Martha Frances arrived! She's the cutest little toot with lots of black hair. 
She's a very lucky little girl because both her Mum and Dad are going to make perfect parents. Welcome into the world little angel.

Around the house...GERMS! So sit well back from the screen!
 
A favourite quote for today... What she was finding also was how one book led to another, doors kept opening wherever she turned and the days weren't long enough for the reading she wanted to do 
 - Alan Bennett
One of my favourite things...having my family send photos through even at 3am (yep even 3am doesn't bother me) I just love to see them at any time. My sisters MiL had her 90th birthday on the 1st June and this weekend is a long weekend due to the Jubilee celebrations, so perfect for people to get together. All my family celebrated the arrival of the new baby with the 90th birthday! Quite a wide span of ages :D
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, rest and play but not necessarily in that order : D
 
A peek into my day... photo taken on my walk in the rain this morning


 So that's it for this week; I hope you enjoyed your visit. Don't forget to pop over to The Simple Womans Daybook and check out the other day book entries
Have fun : D

10 comments:

  1. You know, I didn't realize that the leaves changed colour down under. I guess I thought it was sunny and warm all year round! You are definitely educating me! Oh, and it's freezing here still. We did have some nice warm weather last week, but it feels like winter has returned! Lovely day book as always Neezie! Love my visits with you.xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few things took me by surprise when I came here and one was the autuminal changes. I think that's possibly why I've settled so easily here because it can be so like living in the UK at times.
      Oh no...still not warming up then? That's such a shame for everyone wanting to enjoy the long holiday weekend.
      Hopefully the sun will arrive soon...I've no idea where it is because it certainly isn't here this week!
      Have fun and thanks for stopping by xoxo

      Delete
  2. Fab post - love reading how things are different your side of the world. I too didn't realise just how the season's change down-under! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zo, I'm happy to let you see things from this side of the world ;D
      Today for instance has turned really wintery, although obviously not to the UK winter standards.

      Hope you're enjoying your long holiday weekend ~ have fun :D

      Delete
  3. such a beautiful post, I hope you get well soon, good luck with the Etsy, its a wonderful feeling to make your first sale on Etsy,
    we have sunshine and cool temps, I think summer missed us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope summer hasn't passed you by Laurie, fingers crossed it'll return soon. We're definitely into winter now :(
      I'm getting organised for my first 'giveaway' tomorrow so please make sure you enter....I just hope the random computer widget works, otherwise I'll have to get Mufftypup to pick a winner!
      Have a terrific Tuesday and thanks for popping by...I love your visits ;D

      Delete
  4. I hope you are feeling better soon! your autumn goings on are making me feel vicariously cozy and comfy - and your street trees are G O R G E O U S - good for you getting out for your walk, 1) in the rain - and, 2) not feeling well. I ditch my walk at the slightest possible excuse :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmie,
      It's amazing because very often I don't want to walk, but then once I get out I feel so much better and there's always something to see.
      Besides it's incredible how persistent a mini Shih Tzu can be! ^..^
      Have a wonderful week and thanks for popping over to my place. x

      Delete
  5. I love your daybook :) and that photo is gorgeous, nothing like a walk when you are dressed for it, clears the head :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so right Nancy, if you have the right clothes then it can be really wonderful. It certainly does me good and I know Mufftypup enjoys it!
      Thanks for visiting ~ have a great week ;D

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...