“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 11 November 2016

Busy Elves and Backgrounds... PPF and Sunday Sketches

Not much to show for this week's Paint Party Friday link I'm afraid... as I've only just started painting this background.
I'm enjoying coming in from picking up gazillions of fallen leaves and spending a little time adding a touch a little at a time to this piece. 
It gives me time for a cuppa and a quick thaw out!
I then leave it to dry whilst going outside once again to battle the tons of potential leaf mould!
It's not an ideal way to paint, but at least I make some progress this way.
How do you manage to fit in time for your painting? 
Or are you more disciplined allocating the time?
We're also going up a gear here, with the Christmas preparations. 
I know... I'm only just waking up to the idea that it is going to arriving too, so I best start preparing.
We are not quite in our Christmas Elf workshop yet, but we have started.
As you can see below 'the supervisor' is keeping a close eye on my progress.
There's spreadsheets, stickers and packaging... quite skillful for a little pooch!
We haven't quite ventured into the Christmas outfit's yet, but no doubt that'll happen soon.
The orders are beginning to flood in so it's all hands to the pump.
So I'll get back to spinning plates and juggling time.
(I'm making a commitment to myself that I will give my art more priority)
Have a fun weekend everyone and maybe I'll see you over at the PPF link up. 
Click here
I also want to link up to the final Sunday Sketches from England
Alexandra over at Blue Chair Diary heading back to the USA to rejoin her family and fur baby.
The time seems to have flown by for us, but I'm sure Alexandra is desperate to arrive back home.
Unfortunately, good old Blighty is sending her off with a terrible cold. 
One of the perils of the British weather.
Bon Voyage Alexander and Michael... have a good and safe journey.
See you from the other side of the pond. 
Enjoy your homecoming.
Sunday Sketches
(I've enjoyed having my logo on display) 
Thanks for visiting and I wish you a wonderful week ahead everyone.
Toodleloo for now

26 comments:

  1. You are really on the ball with Christmas-good for you! I adore your special helper:)
    I sometimes will work like you and do bits here and there on a piece especially when time doesn't allow or if I need time to ponder the next step.
    Oh yes, all those falling leaves!
    Happy PPF and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm not really on the ball Linda... not for my own preparations. It's just that my daughters orders are rolling in and she works full time, so like last year I'm giving a helping hand (and paw)!
      We've spent hours collecting the leaves today but there's still lots left. We would normally collect them on a few days as they fell but we have been away, so they are all waiting for us.
      Happy PPF to you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, which computer doe the dog use?! Lovely photo. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll use any computer that's free Valerie. She has her own Instagram account and she likes to keep up on technology!
      Happy PPF to you. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  3. Happy PPF I hope to do a few art sketches today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to add some more paint to my painting Christine. I hope you do too. Happy PPF to you

      Delete
  4. Hello there! You both look so efficient with your two screens and stickers. A set for each of you? Yes, the holidays are quickly approaching, I'd better start planning also. Have a good week. I like to get most of a project done in one or two 3 hour sessions. Then look at it for awhile and make any additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello Gloria,
      We are a slick operation after many hours of practice. I haven't started my own preparations yet... these orders for cards are taking priority at the moment. It's so interesting hearing how everyone approaches their time management when it comes to their artwork. I managed to add more to my painting later on this afternoon and plan to do more in the morning. Our daylight hours have diminished substantially. Roll on Spring!
      Happy PPF to you and I hope you have a great weekend with lots of creativity.

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness me your little doggie is so cute. It must be nice to have such a helper beside you. Yes all the shops are full of christmas decorations here, I find it rather tedious and nauseating! I don't even know if I will get round to sending Christmas cards. As for doing art I have creative spurts and then I sit around doing nowt.
    Happy PPF ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... yes Emma she is cute, but she knows it and works it daily!
      She's a constant companion which sometimes works in your favour, but can sometimes be very distracting.
      I never want to start thinking about Christmas until at least mid November. Thankfully the retailers here have taken peoples views that they do not want to start preparing in September like it used to be! Now that was sickening.
      Doing nowt can sometimes be just what's needed :D
      Happy PPF to you and I hope you enjoy your weekend whatever you do... or do not do as the case may be!

      Delete
  6. LOVE the photo of your supervisor. I bet Muffin is a slave driver, even though I am sure you get a few little kisses all the while. Happy PPF. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought she would cause a stir... Little Miss Muffin! ^..^
      It's her little gruffs that can be so annoying and she can be quite insistant. Oh there's lots of kisses, but only if she's getting her own way!
      Happy PPF to you

      Delete
  7. I love that supervisor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey she can be one tough cookie though Laurie! ;D

      Delete

  8. Yep loving your quality control pooch... Adorable! Such loving mom you are!! You have to schedule paint time...it's the only way. Just like an appointment for anything else!! Whatever works though..Everyone has their own time for it!! Thanks for sharing what you do have!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun, creative hours to you

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are further along with Christmas preparations than I am. I love your supervisor. Muffin is so adorable that I want to pluck her out of your photo and smother her with love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, at least you got a background done. Love your art area. I try to leave time for art but.... life does get in the way. LOL. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see Muffy helping out, too--LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful place to work and adorable companion. It is getting harder to find time for work. The temperatures here have reached the very tolerable and pleasant point so working out in the yard is possible. And then there are the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have the best intentions trying to set times for painting, but never stick to them :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's reassuring that it's not just me Jennifer. I definitely thought I'd do a few hours painting today, but then it was such a beautiful autumn day that I went outdoors and only spent about 15 minutes max on painting! Oh well there's hopefully tomorrow :D

      Delete
  15. I look forward to seeing more of your piece! What a sweet pup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's a great way to go - fitting in art in bits and pieces of time around other things. You can get a lot done that way! Love the doggie supervisor !

    ReplyDelete
  17. good to have a supervisor to check you out.
    And, yes christmas is on it´s way. We got snow already.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy - I have found my little dog at last!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...