“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 4 November 2016

Goldfinch... Paint Party Friday

Hello... I'm back.
Phewph... October was quite a month and I certainly wouldn't want to go through that one again.
As you can imagine I haven't had any time for art, but yesterday I decided I needed to start... somewhere.
I was finding it difficult to even contemplate what to draw and was feeling worse for procrastinating. 
So I decided to just start and see what happened. 
This little chap is what appeared. 
We have lots of birds visiting us each day and the Goldfinches are the most numerous.
I used my Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils and once again wasn't really too enamoured with them. But at least I made a start. 
Hopefully I can now get back to my other projects.
Here's a photo from a previous blog post showing some of the hungry little feathered visitors.
I do have some exciting good news to share with you.
My daughter has had one of her designs featured in the new Not On The High Street TV advertisement. 
I think it's a great advert and have attached it below, just in case you haven't seen it yet.
See if you can find a Grumpy Owl card in there.
As it's Friday I'm linking up with the Paint Party Friday link.

I'll try my utmost to get to visit everyone that has visited here in my absence.
Thank you so much... it means such a lot to me.
Toodleloo for now and I hope to see you soon
xoxo

20 comments:

  1. What a geat bird art! You made very well with the inktense pencils.
    Thanks for the beautiful photo and fun video.
    Happy PPF and weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't feel that I did a good job really, but I'm happy that at least I've started to draw once again.
      Happy PPF to you too Sirkkis and I hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bird drawing. The finches are always so pretty to watch. Congrats to your daughter on her success. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie, I'm constantly transfixed watching the antics on my bird feeders. The woodpeckers are top dog at the moment, but the robin is certainly feisty.
      I'm so proud of my little toot having the recognition for her artwork. It's all very exciting.
      Hugs to you too... enjoy your weekend ;D

      Delete
  3. Beautiful bird and congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, my daughter is thrilled.

      Delete
  4. Hi Neesie!

    The picture you posted.... Is that before or after you added the water??? Congrats to your daughter too . Wow! Thats great! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture is just the pencils... I'm not sure if I want to add water. I wasn't really pleased with it, so I don't know whether I want to spend more time on it. I suppose it might be interesting to see what happens. If I do add water and it's worth showing I'll post it at next weeks PPF.
      Hugs to you too

      Delete
  5. beautiful Goldfinch! And great news about your daughter,, good for her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie, I wasn't too pleased with him, but at least I've started drawing again.
      As you can imagine my daughter is thrilled.

      Delete
  6. beautiful bird! You have such wonderful inspiration in your own back yard. they are so fun to watch:)
    Cute video, and congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit Linda I do have many wonderful visitors to my garden. I could spend hours watching their antics on the feeders, but then I wouldn't get any time for artwork.
      I liked how subtle the advert is... not the usual full on Christmas bells and whistles. I didn't even notice the pixie ears until my second viewing. I love it and am so proud of her.

      Delete
  7. Well done! I love the seed in his beak. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I go through quite an amount of husked sunflower seeds so I had to have him feeding. I'm just waiting for yet another delivery of seeds as I type!

      Delete
  8. So glad you just started and created this wonderful little bird. Perfectly done. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't is great to have inspiration right outside? I love watching the birds at my feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful bird....hope November is much better for you!! LOVE that commercial and I did find the grumpy owl... it fits in perfectly with all the art... a very cohesive ad!! Congratulations to your favourite artist!! She is so talented...just like mom!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to see a Woodpecker here, hear them but can never find them in the trees. Inktense pencils I think are on of those mediums that you either love or hate. I don't mind them, but I use them with a lot of water

    congrats to your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you made a start and did this little drawing! I say go ahead and add water. I find the Inktense pencils really come to life once you add water. The colors are very vibrant - that's why I like them. ;) Congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am smiling ear to ear -- I miss my little birds (and the big ones too) from when we lived in the mountains. I especially loved the little woodpeckers.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...