“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 28 April 2017

Emperor Penguin and Baby...PPF

If I told you that I've been trying to send this post since first thing this morning... would you believe me? Well it's true.
Here I am hopefully about push the button finally and it's well into the afternoon.
Still better late than never isn't it, especially when it comes to joining in with the Paint Party Friday gang.
I noted that last Tuesday (25th April) was World Penguin Day and as I was just about to start painting something, but hadn't decided what to paint, it seemed appropriate to paint a penguin.
I've always loved the Emperor Penguins and watched many wildlife programmes about them and how they care for their young ones in such harsh environments.
I forgot to take work in progress photo's this week, because when I started painting I went into the zone and forgot everything.
We've had such a crazy wintry week weather wise that I'm sure my penguins feel right at home.
We even had snow!
The writing isn't on the original painting, just in case you wondered.
So hopefully I'll get to nip around and check out what everyone's been up to.
Thanks for your visit and I hope to see you again soon.
Have a fabulous weekend 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh and just before I go I'd like to let you know that my daughter is having a sale which only lasts until Sunday...so here are the details if you want to take a peek, or stock up on your greeting cards for great prices.
๐Ÿ™Œ S A L E  A L E R T ๐Ÿ™Œ
Today I've randomly decided to have little sale in my shop because, well, why not...
Head to nicallan.co.uk/shop and use the code WELLWHYNOT for 30% off literally everything. I need to clear some space for NEW things and you need to treat yourself (and/or others)... time to stock up on greetings cards!
I've also added, by popular demand, a print of my 'Everyday Acts of Bravery' illustration which is also included in the sale. Be quick though, the code will expire at midnight on Sunday (30th April) ๐Ÿ™Œ

38 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful penguins. I admired some in the zoo recently, they are so wonderful to watch. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember being so surprised to see penguins in Cape Town, South Africa and Australia. I never would have thought they liked the hot weather!
      Happy PPF to you too

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lorraine, that's very kind of you to say :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, my. I just love your penguins. I love seeing them at the zoo. A couple of years ago, some louts broke into our zoo at night and tried to feed the penguins to the lions, but luckily the security guards got there on time and chased the louts away. They are wonderful creatures. The penguins I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's horrendous...I sometimes wonder how people can think about such hideous crimes. Thank goodness they didn't carry out the deed. I think I would have arrested them!
      I'm glad you like my penguins :D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I love the Emperor Penguins!!!
    Yes!!! I believe you!!!
    I had trouble with my blog all day yesterday and into the evening :{

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least we finally managed to post Jan,
      Thanks for your kind comments. I had fun painting them.

      Delete
  5. You aren't the only one having trouble posting today. I love your penguins. My granddaughter was in love with the Emperor Penguin when she was a child. I made curtains for her room that had them on them. We also have had strange weather but no snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine your granddaughter's curtain's would look fantastic. I think the Emperor penguin might be my favourite. My daughter favours Adelie penguins. I think they are all rather cute.
      Snow has thankfully gone Faye, now we need for it to warm up a little.

      Delete
  6. Oh they are stunning...my daughters favourite animal after dogs of course! Wonderful job...our Spring has been as odd as yours...maybe mother nature is more in tune with the state of the world than we know!! Good luck on your sale and your daughters!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I find the Emperor penguin quite entertaining especially the way it balances the egg on their feet to keep it off the ice. I have to admire them because I'm terrible in the cold, but they've certainly got it organised.
      Hopefully the weather will sort itself out and spring will return soon. Hugs back to you

      Delete
  7. This is so beautifully done! I love the grace of the neck of the adult, tending to it's young. Happy PPF


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I love black and white but to just have the flash of colour makes it I think. I've always had a soft spot the the Emperor penguin.
      Happy PPF to you too

      Delete
  8. There is something special about penguins - I've always liked them.
    I like your painting too.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jan...especially the Emperor penguin.
      Anyone who can survive in the weather conditions that they do are special in my book. I hate to be cold!
      Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  9. So sweet Denise - especially the baby penguin. You certainly captured his innocent little face!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...thanks Sandy, I thought he looked a little too comedic, but I think his cuteness won me over.
      Have a great weekend :D

      Delete
  10. Wow!!! This is just amazing. I mean you captured the feeling of these birds perfectly. Love it, love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a classic pose. Charming and touching--and you have captured it perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rita, I really appreciate your kind words. I enjoyed painting them, so maybe that's reflected in the painting.

      Delete
  12. Such a dear piece. Love is felt by looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's lovely Tammie, you're comment has made me smile :D

      Delete
  13. Just lovely, so sweet, a mother and her baby. Nothing greater than a mother's love for her offspring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Latane, I seem to be following a theme with my paintings at the moment. I totally agree with you on the power of a mother's love :D

      Delete
  14. Such sweet penguins, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viola, I enjoyed painting them. I think penguins are so cute.

      Delete
  15. looks wonderful! :D penguins are so cute, especially when younger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just Jennifer, I seem to be following a theme of Mother and Baby with my painting lately.
      Have a great weekend :D

      Delete
  16. Beautiful, Neesie! You shading is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Minnemie, I was pleased with the outcome of this one...plus it was enjoyable to paint.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thank you NatashaMay, I was pleased with the finished painting. I'm thinking they make a lovely Mother's Day picture.

      Delete
  18. Your penguins are so sweet! Beautifully painted. Penguins are such fascinating animals. We had snow here too last week, and very bad frost, with devastating effects on nature. Hopefully, it'll stay a bit warmer now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I enjoyed painting these penguins. I totally agree with you, they are fascinating animals. Totally unique.
      I'm afraid we're still waiting for good weather...we've seen the sun, but there's a chilly wind blowing constantly lately.

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...