“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Sunday 26 September 2010

Sneak Peep - work in progress (1)

I'm not sure I should even start with this blog - It'll put pressure on me actually to finish it.
Let me explain....I thought that it might be a great idea to give an old set of drawers a new lease of life. Call it a make-over if you will.
Namely a set of Honey Pine drawers that have been in storage for numerous years. I think really they have seen better days, but then I thought just because they have the odd scratch, pin hole, or just generally looking their age...aren't we all? The odd wrinkle, sun spot, and laughter lines come to us all, but that just shows that we've lived, doesn't it?

Here are all the drawers lined up ready for their make-over.
All relocated to the garage and here's the good part, I got to use a power tool.
Whoohoo and a female too!

They look so 70's but as you see later they've just led an active life, they're much younger than I thought.


Actually I have to confess whilst the power sander did get right into the job
(maybe with a little too much gusto, making my whole arm vibrate and jingle - not the best at any time - thankfully no witnesses)
I did prefer to use the sand paper...

You can imagine how much dust covered me after this.

It's amazing what you find when you look too ....
if anyone knows Paul H. then you can tell him his baby's all grown up and been all over the globe!

So its going to be an ongoing project and although I say it myself even now that the outer frame is clear of varnish its already looking better....

Watch this space...I'll be back....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...