“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Sunday 24 April 2011

Happy Easter to you all....

Happy Easter to you all....
I'm hardly having the usual Easter weekend this year, with it being my son's birthday, house-hunting, and Anzac Day Celebrations all rolling into one.
I did want to bake Hot-cross buns (which would have been a first), but I never got round to it unfortunately. I did however, bake my son's favourite 'Chocolate and Vanilla Cake' as per his request  http://neesienatters.blogspot.com/2011/03/chocolate-and-vanilla-marble-cake.html
He's not actually had a bite so far due to having partying a little to enthusiastically with his pals!
Enough said... 

On a completely different tangent, here's a guest that just popped onto the decking to enjoy the beautiful sunshine this afternoon. It certainly looks like a Praying Mantis but correct me please if I'm wrong....

It was very strange the way he moved his head round to have a better look at us, whilst I was trying to get up close for the shot!
Maybe he was making sure I got his best side?
His body looked like a folded leaf and although I don't normally like these sorts of beasties, I must admit I had to admire him.
.....but I don't think I'll be wanting one for a pet....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...