“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 17 January 2012

An Update...

I've stayed away from posting these last few days because when I started to create this blog, I wanted it to be nothing but positive...in both its content and creation. You didn't miss me???
Anyway, the reason for the little absence was that my daughter left Melbourne last Friday for Scotland. I know how could she...I even hid her passport but she found it! : (
So as you can imagine my heart was heavy and I didn't feel like blogging, but then I had a serious talk to myself and decided to concentrate on all the wonderful days, hours, and minutes we were able to spend  together and to look forward to getting together again soon : D

She'll probably not be happy with me posting this photo but I thought it was fun.

So on to my post for today...I've got lots that I could post but I thought I'd include a little update for you.
When we moved house there were the usual few casualties ~ one sadly being my chilli plant.
So when I saw this multi-functional chilli that is both colourful and dramatic, ornamental and edible, you guessed it .... I just had to have it.
The mature fruit can be removed for use in culinary dishes, both hot and cold. The sweet fruit is well suited for use in salads ~ perfect for this hot spell ~ but also in mediterranean and asian dishes, or even a dramatic garnish.


Its the chilli salsa variety..so another hint there to its potential...

Then I couldn't miss updating you on my Jack and the beanstalk story...
They have actually reached my head height already...can you believe it?...I can't. But I noticed today that there may be a problem lurking....there are some white little fly's under a few of the leaves! HELP! What should I do...does anyone have any advice? I really would be interested to hear from you....please :-?



And now onto a success.....my figs...  : D


I can't believe this next photo because I'm sitting here in 35 degress celcius but on Saturday evening we had dinner outside and there was just a little nip in the air...just enough to have our first pot belly fire.
I'd bought it way back in June for our wedding anniversary but just haven't had the right conditions or occasion to light it...well Saturday was its maiden flight as it were. Guess what....it was perfect.

As I mentioned we're roasty toasty here today and have been in fact so far this week, but maybe if you're in the middle of your winter or up to your ankles in frosticles, then this might warm the cockles of your heart.

 
I'm away to watch Andy Murray playing in the Melbourne Tennis Open so need to put on my tamoshanta and paint my face in the Scottish flag (I'm joking ; D )



"GO ANDY" (well I'm a Brit with Scottish connections, what do you expect?)
Enjoy the Tennis everyone...whomever you support : D

2 comments:

  1. My daughter will be going away to school next September, and it will be hard for all of us. I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment Beth,

    I'm sure that because of the absences and distance we get along so much better than if we lived in the same town...nah...maybe not.
    We've always got on so well together, but then we do make an effort to keep in touch regularly, virtually every day really, in some form or another (thank goodness for modern technology)that way we never have any catching up to do...its a constant thing.

    I know it will be hard for you come September but it can also be very special. You just have to be brave :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...