“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 2 December 2016

Robin Red Breast... PPF

There's nothing quite like the song of a robin... it's something quite beautiful and enchanting. 
I missed both the bird and it's song a great deal when I lived overseas. 
They are such a cute bird and sound amazing, with their little bobbing movement on such spindly legs, but there is a dark side to them. 
They are extremely territorial birds and will fight quite fiercely to protect their patch. 
We have four robins that visit our feeding stations, that are dotted around our property, but even though there is plenty of food available... sometimes the feathers fly.

Nothing shouts 'Christmas' more than seeing a robin on the bare frosty branch of a tree, but as you can see out of my window... we're in the middle of a grey, misty, foggy day.
I can't complain because we have had a fabulous, bright, sunny week up until now. 
Due to the weather being so good, I did manage to spend a few hours outside tidying the garden with a very attentive robin watching my every move. 
I tried desperately to capture a photograph of him...  but he's incredibly camera shy!
So I had to paint him instead. 
(I took inspiration from Anna Mason over at her blog... I can highly recommend that you take a peep at her beautiful website). 

I'm ashamed to say that this is the only Christmas card that I've produced so far... and that bow by the way, is only balanced on the top. It won't be appearing on the actual card... I know so tardy it's untrue. 
I'm trying to get into the swing of things and have requested the boxes of decorations to be brought out of the loft... so that's a start.
Are you all festive and ready to go?  

As usual I'll be linking up with Paint Party Friday
Have a wonderful week everyone.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful robin! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie. Happy PPF and hugs to you too

      Delete
  2. what a fab painting i love robins too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lorraine, they are one of my favourites too.

      Delete
  3. A lovely robin painting, although your British robins look different than our North American robins. And of course, we won't even mention Batman's Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Haha) Thanks Debra, I really enjoyed painting this one. Robin's are one of my favourite native birds.
      I remember the robin's in Australia were like your's... much larger than ours.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful painting of the robin.
    I've made Christmas cards but lot is not yet redy for Christmas.
    Have a happy weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love robins, beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Christmas card Neesie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so dang good Denise --- I really enjoy your posts!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our robins go south for the winter here. So nothing says spring like seeing the robins returning. Quite opposite. :) Very pretty rendering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is sooooo pretty. You did a fabulous job on the legs and feet. Our robins have gone for the winter but I have lots and lots of Ravens and Seagulls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love robins and missed them fiercely when I moved to FL. I also missed lightening bugs, when I moved back up north I saw them once again. Everyone just looked at me like 'what's with her' but I am joyous for both. . bird and bug. Love the art. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. watercolor I assume and you captured that robin just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...