“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 21 January 2011

Girlie Getaway...

When I received an invitation to join my friend at her beach house at Point Leo, I couldn't resist. Before the guilt and excuses as to why I shouldn't go set in, I just packed a bag and set off.

The drive was perfect and it was so great to get out of the city to the open countryside.

As soon as I arrived my friend and another girlfriend were standing out to greet me. I was flattered that they were so excited to see me until I realised it wasn't just me arriving. They pointed up into the tree above my car and look who was there.....

Snoozing in the afternoon sun....a beautiful Koala.

Its the first time that I've seen one out in the wild.



There was also a kookaburra laughing nearby....what a welcome.



This was all within the first five minutes of arriving and was worth the drive alone....




Fantastic weather, beautiful beaches, clear cool water, good company - what more could you want?

With hindsight maybe I shouldn't have told you where this beach was situated.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...