“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Thursday 27 October 2011

The chicks have hatched.....

There was a definite perfume wafting on the morning breeze today....sunscreen lotion in abundance. It was as powerful as any of the flora or fauna bursting in the competition to attract attention.
With the temperatures steadily making progress climbing up the thermometer, it only makes sense to lather liberally when venturing outdoors. It wasn't until I looked around to find where this aroma was coming from that I had to smile to myself. When you imagine a building/reno site you don't usually associate it with a pleasant pungent pong! But obviously these guys were not afraid of ridicule from fellow blokes or to tip they're caps to their more feminine side....sense prevailed. Sunscreen slapped on regardless. The old saying 'Slip, Slap, Slop' came back to me....how powerful advertising can be. That must have been years ago...
I have to say it was the nicest building site I've ever smelt....Not that I'm in the habit of smelling building sites I have to say....
Anyway, I digress somewhat from my main idea for today's post....

Whilst watering (from my rainwater tank I hasten to add) I became aware of being watched. No, not from the workmen but on closer inspection....this little chap or chap'ess? See that beady eye?

It's like one of those 'where's Waldo' pictures?
This is the nest I posted about a few weeks ago but now The Chicks have hatched.
I was balanced (as you do) on a lounger to take this photo, which is not the most stable of props....I can definitely clarify this now as it collapsed and whacked my across the shins and back as I tried to shy away discreetly. My shout and curse certainly wasn't really intended for tender innocent chicks to hear, but then it did hurt!

After all the kafuffle, I thought I'd better retreat and leave them in peace...plus Mum was looking on.
I'm not sure how many chicks there are...I think maybe two, but seriously even one in this little nest is a tight squeeze. I think they need to upgrade or renovate.

I must away and get busy.....
Whatever your up to today ~ Enjoy!
(:-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...