“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Thursday 13 October 2011

The Simple Woman's Day Book.....

FOR TODAY Wednesday, 13th October 2011



Outside my window...today I have a lovely view out of my family room. The sun's shining in making it so bright. All the plant's look healthy and ready to burst into bloom. The sky is blue with fluffy white clouds drifting slowly by.
A plane's dull engine drones as it heads to far away places.
My gardening gloves are at the ready on a little table, next to them is a food magazine, my kindle and an empty tea cup with the last sip of tea left and gone cold. I'm one of those people that don't finish my tea to the last drop, even though I'm using a teabag. This by the way infuriates my OH.

I am thinking...
About a friend who has a challenging time at the moment. I hope that things work out for her.

I am thankful...
For so much this morning...being here with such good health. My family even though most of them aren't here with me, I know they are there.

In the kitchen...a pan of leek and potato soup I made yesterday. Plus a bag of seafood defrosting for tonights dinner. Seafood pasta....one of my OH's favourite. That makes up for all the tea cups!

I am wearing...a shoestring vest and shorts! I know, its about time.
I was in a fleece yesterday but then that's Melbourne. Sorry if your reading this and are heading into autumn but hey, we're just coming out of winter whilst you've been enjoying your summer (yes, I know it wasn't particularly a good one in the UK)

I am creating...
The disaster silk painting posted previously needs to be replaced with a new design and the tips I've remembered since doing this trial piece. Hopefully I'll have a better outcome with my next attempt.

I am going...
To head up into the 'Cock Loft' to clean the bathroom. This is my son's domain but he doesn't realise that it needs bleach and cleaning products regularly. I think he thinks it just self cleans. Wish me luck....I always enter warily - you never know what you might find. I'll just nip in and out and avert my eyes, except to what's needed.

I am wondering...
How warm its going to get...and hopefully stay until the weekend.

I am reading... The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman

Josef Kohn is a successful New York obstetrician who still dreams of his first wife, Lenka, an art student he left behind in Czechoslovakia while fleeing the Nazis.


Lenka, who he believes died during the war, continues to haunt his dreams, while his second wife, Amalia, remains more of a ghost to him than is Lenka. As we follow Lenka's journey to the ghetto of Terezin, where she is forced to draft technical drawings for the Germans and is a witness to the secret paintings of an underground group of artists involved in their own form of resistance against their captors, we see not only the endurance of the human spirit, but also of the artist, whose desire to create and document, cannot be extinguished.

From the glamourous ease of pre-War Prague, to the ensuing horror of Nazi Europe, we experience both the dawning of Lenka's and Josef's love affair to its tragic unravelling. Each character must forge their own path for survival and each must struggle to adapt to post-war America, while their secrets, their past, and the ghost of their first marriage, are known only to them.
The Lost Wife is a story that explores the depth — the power — of first love the resilience of the human spirit, and our capacity to remember.

I am hoping...
That my friend's daughter has some good results from a scan today. Her family deserve some luck and good news right now.

I am looking forward to...
Dare I say it again.....Christmas!
But something a little nearer.....it'll be nice to finally get into the pool that has taken so much of my time. It'll have to warm up quite considerably for my to take the plunge though.

I am hearing...
The Magpies, Blackbirds, Lorikeets and one I'm not sure about. It's probably the Indian Myna bird which copies other birds plus telephones, doorbells or whatever else it likes the sound of.
Tap, tap, tap of my fingers flying across the laptop.
Muffin and Zac smoozing thankfully in their own beds. It can get a little fractious when Zac decides to visit Muffin's bed, but then she lets him know how much she likes her own bed - without him.

Around the house...
Lots that needs sorting. I'm host for my book club at the beginning of next month and there's so much I want to sort out before that date. They haven't seen the new house yet, so I want to get it in some sort of order. Then I'll relax and enjoy the evening.

I am pondering...
When, where and how I'm going to fit in all the things I want to do?

One of my favorite things...
My early morning dog walk on beautiful days like today. It's good to just stop and appreciate what you have.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Silk painting (again - hopefully with more success)
Organising the house....one job is to set up an office. This could take more than the week.
And too many plans to list here at the moment....I want to get started and need to finish typing to get going.....

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

{I thought I'd show you a real cute Australian Koala ~ Photo taken on a visit to Healsville Sanctuary}

And there you have it . . . my day book for this week. Don't forget to hop on over to the Simple Woman to check out the other day book entries! Enjoy....

2 comments:

  1. Neesie, I do love your daybook. It is just like sitting down with you for a good natter and a cup of tea! (Love your natters!) I am sitting here imagining how different the bird sounds must be in Oz than they are here. Your soup sounds delish. I wish I could eat seafod, but alas I am allergic as is Todd. How wierd is that! Love and hugs to you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornin' Marie as always lovely to hear from you and your always so encouraging.
    I'm glad that you like my natters because that's what I do best (according to some a little too much at times).
    The birds have certainly gone up a gear here with the warmer weather. The sun is just going down and if you closed your eyes and just listened, you'd think you were in the UK. The blackbird's are in full song.
    I'm not too keen on seafood really, but its a really quick meal served with pasta. I wouldn't say its my favourite meal, but when I do eat it, I'm always taken by surprise. It could be that its so incredibly fresh coming from the fish stall on the market. The produce here is amazing. Sorry you'd think I was trying to sell Melbourne ;D
    Hope you have a wonderful day . xxoo

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...