“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 4 May 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY ~ Friday 4th May 2012 

Outside my window...I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! Not only am I posting this daybook two days later than normal, it's also early afternoon....therefore I'm sitting at the kitchen island looking out over the outside entertaining area. There's the dreaded autumn leaves on, in and around the pool which is maddening because I cleared them all away two days ago...how many leaves can one tree have? Oh yeah...there's quite a few trees around the house. We've had two really wet days but before that I replanted a hanging manger for some colour during the winter months. At the moment it's sitting carefully balanced on a chair waiting for the muscles in the house to lift it back up onto the front wall.
I can see a strawberry hanging over the strawberry pot rim...the birds mustn't have spotted it yet. The herbs are looking good in fact all the plants do which is amazing with the wind and rain we've had this week.
OH has been keeping a close eye on the lemons...even counting them it seems everytime he passes. He's obviously eyeing them up for a lemon tart!
There's a chilly breeze blowing making the wind chimes sing, even though I've tried them up in order to keep on speaking terms with the neighbours. There are snippets of blue sky and sun periodically, but like a bar of chocolate staying in my fridge for more than two days..they're rare!
 
I am thinking...see now that I mentioned chocolate...what else would I be thinking about! You got it!

I am thankful...I suppose I shouldn't say chocolate at this point because you'll get the jist that I have a problem (well thinking about it maybe I do :$) So to be serious for a second I'm thankful beyond words for my children. They are one of the most important things in my life. I'm so proud of them both.
In the kitchen...lamb chops for tonight's dinner. Stir fried rice with lamb chops is one of our favourite meals. It's so tasty and quite quick to produce. There is also some Ginger and Treacle loaf that I made yesterday. I haven't made it before but it has been a hit (no surprises there then).

I am wearing...A fleece still from my morning walk. Jeans, long-sleeved blue t-shirt, and blue pashmina wrapped cosy round my neck. Winter is nipping at the heels of autumn this week. It's not supposed to arrive until June but try telling that to Melbourne weather!

I am creating...see even to read those words...'I am creating' sends my heart racing and a happy feeling comes over me. I have been creating zentangles. I'm thinking I want to try other things and possibly my silk painting again but zentangles had me at 'hello' so I'm sticking with them for now. I don't want to frighten Mr Mojo away again. Perhaps I might do a wash on them next because I am missing colour although I love black and white.
I've also just bought 20 black frames of different sizes and shapes which is very h'eggsciting! They'll no doubt be another post about them when they arrive ;D

I am going...(if I say to clean my kitchen cupboards...you'd probably stop reading and move on wouldn't you so...) skydiving ~ how about that! ;D

I am wondering...how I can tell fibs like the one above and not even blush...I wonder what it might be like to skydive though but I'll carry on wondering because there's no way (NO WAY) I would ever feel the need to throw myself out of a plane at altitude.
 
I am reading...4 books are in line so hopefully by my next Daybook entry I'll have started one of them...my next book club read is 'Mr Wroe's Virgins' by Jane Rogers (I haven't even bought it yet never mind started reading it...so I better get on) 

I am hoping...that my son's new job goes well. He starts on Monday so fingers crossed ;D

I am looking forward to...Masterchef starts again here in Melbourne this Sunday night. Call me sad but I love that programme. It's so addictive, informative, enjoyable and entertaining. I hope it lives up to all expectations for another season ~ by the look of the clips I think it will. 


Around the house...There's a body lying horizonal in a bedroom making the most of a few days break before the new job starts! (well what did you think? Murder?) The rest of the house isn't bad but I know there's a pile of ironing lurking that could cause immense damage if lifted. Okay I'm trying to get to it ~ I just left it alone for three weeks and it had the audacity to reproduce like a rabbit warren.
 
A favourite quote for today...Happiness quite unshared can scarcely be called happiness; it has no taste ~
Charlotte Brontë


One of my favourite things...sitting here chatting with you instead of ironing!
 
A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, rest and play but not necessarily in that order : D
A peek into my day...Ginger and Treacle Loaf with a lovely cup of tea in a Royal Albert teacup. I've got my own little afternoon tea going on here....ahh....:D
 I know there's quite an amount of butter but the knife slipped...what's a girl to do?

So that's it for this week; I managed to just fit it in before the weekend. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Don't forget to pop over to The Simple Womans Daybook and check out the other day book entries
Have fun : D

8 comments:

  1. What's a girl to do indeed! Loved your day book as always Neesie, late or not. It always delights like a good long gab with a much beloved friend. I know the feeling when you speak of the "I am Creating" mode. I get that same tingle and rush. It's when I am happiest. A wonderful visit as always Neesie! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, so glad you could join me again. I couldn't resist writing my daybook...even though I have other posts to write. I'm definitely hooked ;D

      I'm so happy that you enjoy reading it...that's the ultimate compliment.
      I knew that you'd understand the feeling I get from creating.
      Great minds think alike!

      Thanks so much for your lovely comments as always.
      Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
      Hopefully the sun will shine :D

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely teacup! I may have to unearth one from my set of 'good' china and make myself a little afternoon tea. And chatting is so much better than ironing, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teacup is a very special one that I recently aquired from a friend...I have to admit I normally have my cuppa in a huge thick mug, only because it keeps the tea hot for longer. I like to drink my tea whilst it's still like molten lava!
      I much prefer to drink out of this delicate wee teacup. It just seems so right especially if having afternoon tea ;D
      I made a dint into the ironing but it's going to be an ongoing process...life's too short!
      Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by :D

      Delete
  3. You are quite fun! I loved reading your Daybook entry. :)
    Your teacup makes my heart and mind drift back to while my gramma was alive. She collected tea cups for all of us grand-daughters. What blissful, sweet thought.
    With almost summer here and my pregnancy at almost 7 months, I am slightly jealous that you are experiencing autumn!! ;)

    I'll be back - you have a delightful style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Violet, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. My family have another word for me than fun! lol
      But I do try to be as positive as much as possible.
      I think the bone china teacups return lots of memories for us all...Grandma and Great Aunt Alice for me. I'm glad to have reminded you of those wonderful memories.
      Seven months pregnant ~ Congratulations!
      No wonder you'd prefer autumn to summer at the moment. Both my children were thankfully born in the first quarter of their year's, so I missed the hottest time of the year ~ phewph!

      Good luck with the next few months and I'd love you to pop back for a visit, to let me know how you're getting on ;D
      Have a wonderful weekend (keep you're feet up asap) :D

      Delete
  4. Okay, so when do you sleep??? I don't know how you fit so much into one week. I am flat out getting 2 whole days a week to do art and you can do all that and make heaps of art. I am sooo jealous of your time management skills :) I am scratching my head to find things to paint and you've got ideas coming out of everywhere, how do yo do it and cook such yummy looking cakes :)
    Have a great day.
    Von

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Vonny you know if I tell you I'd have to kill you...
      But I'm impressed with you're two days to do art! I nip in and out between bits and pieces which isn't ideal.
      I'm not so sure you could call it time management ~ just flat out doolally most of the time. Sometimes my head can be two or three jobs ahead of my body :$ Other times I even make myself dizzy ;D
      I've taken most of the morning posting today (it was a long one) but I'm itching to get to draw...so I'll love and leave you for now.
      Thanks for stopping by again...I love you visiting :D
      Hey...the sun's shining too. Have fun and keep painting...Wednesday fast approaches!

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...